Sign up for classes at bottom of this page...
Thrive Seminar Course Descriptions
June Summer Thrive: "Journey to the Biblical World"
Presenter: Dr. Glenn Schaeffer, former professor of Old Testament at Simpson University and currently a "Tour Guide to the World of the Bible".
When we open our Bibles, we are confronted with a world different from the one in which we live. This course will open five "windows" to give you a glimpse of life in the Old Testament.
Sunday Morning, June 18, 10:00 morning service
- All in the Family. Who-and how-were decisions made regarding marriage? What was the Jewish concept of love? Of children?
Sunday Night, June 18, 6:30-8:00PM
- Crossroads of the Ancient Near East. The Lord promised the land of Abraham and his descendants. What kind of land is it? Why did He choose that land-and not another?
Monday Night, June 19, 6:30-8:00PM
- Has the Rain a Father? The temperature, precipitation and t=wind all have an important bearing on life in the region. The Israelites were convinced that the Lord controlled nature.
Tuesday Night, June 20, 6:30-8:00PM
- The House Where We Live. The Patriarchs lived in tents, while their descendants constructed houses. How-and with what-were they constructed?
Wednesday Night, June 21, 6:30-8:00PM
- Sheep, Winevats and Threshing Floors. The main occupation of an Israelite family was farming. Their year revolved around the planting and harvesting of crops.
July Summer Thrive: "Spiritual Formation"
Presenter: Phil Rehberg, adjunct professor at Tozer Seminary.
Discover new insights onto what helps you grow in your spiritual life. Learn new methods for keeping your relationship with God fresh and healthy.
Sunday Morning, July 9, 10:00 morning service
- Spiritual Growth. What is it and how does it happen?
Sunday Night, July 9, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Why do Christians have dry times and how do we walk through them?
Monday Night, July 10, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Spiritual Disciplines. Exercises for the Christian who wants to grow.
Tuesday Night, June 11, 6:30-8:00PM
- How to read scripture practically and devotionally.
Wednesday Night, June 12, 6:30-8:00PM
- Prayer. There is more than one way to pray.
August Summer Thrive: "Equipping Ourselves to Serve"
Presenter: Pastor Bob Baker
There are so many ways to serve at Trinity Alliance Church! This session of Summer Thrive will focus on four of them. Pick the one(s) you want to learn about.
Sunday Morning, August 13, 10:00 morning service
- What does it mean to serve?
Sunday Night, August 13, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Teaching & Disciple Making: the crucial service of ministering to our children, teens, and adults!
Monday Night, August 14, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Ushering & Greeting. the first service of making people feel welcome and participating in the helpful service of taking care of business..
Tuesday Night, August 15, 6:30-8:00PM
- Temple Ministry: the helpful service of taking care of God's house!
Wednesday Night, August 16, 6:30-8:00PM
- Sound & Tech: The visual and audio service of helping people engage.